We require an experienced DevOps Tech Lead to join our already established, fast-paced, customer-facing 3-4 person Kanban team that develops a PaaS solution for our UK high street end client, who operates in the optometry industry.
Typical activities include environment curation, GitOps, SRE and assisting 2nd and 3rd line application support teams in respect of live services.
The successful applicant will split their time between being hands on with code, influencing the client’s product owner, architecture, and delivery teams in respect of the product backlog, and administrating the team’s technical delivery (Kanban).
Skills and experience
- Hashicorp Consul, Fabio, Nomad, Terraform
- AWS: API Gateway, CloudFront, CloudWatch logging and alarms, EC2, Autoscaling, EBS, ECS, ECR, IAM roles including multi account trust relationships, Lambda, Load Balancing, Route 53, S3, RDS (MySQL), Security Groups, Subnets, NACL, VPC, VPC Direct Connect, VPC Site-to-Site VPN, VPC Transit Gateways
- Fundamental networking skills (DNS, route tables, CIDR notation)
- Elasticsearch, Kibana (ELK stack), Grafana, Prometheus
- SSH: terminal access, tunnelling, keys
- Kanban team leadership
- AWS Certified Architect
- Certified Scrum certification
- Prior background in Linux system administration and networking
- Gitlab inc. pipelines
- Kubernetes, Helm
- Python 3 (able to navigate/debug/build/deploy)
- Spring Boot/Cloud, Java 11 (able to navigate/debug/build/deploy)
To be a suitable cultural fit for this particular role, you should prefer working in a Kanban style over working in Sprints, be comfortable with context switching and have excellent time management skills.
You will need to be a self-starter and a critical thinker who thrives under pressure and manages their composure well, particularly when client facing.
You must be a clear and calm communicator with exemplary written and oral English skills – this is critical for the role.
The Computing Distribution Group (CDG) is a UK onshore pay-as-you-go Software Development consultancy.
We specialise in the development, delivery and 24/7/365 first/second/third line support of private and hybrid cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), DevOps-as-a-Service and Progressive Web Applications (PWA).
Since 2008, we have been supplying managed services to a diverse portfolio of clients across various sectors including finance, health, online B2B/B2C commerce and government.
Please e-mail your CV, rate expectations and availability to us at firstname.lastname@example.org