As a CDG Consultant Software Engineer, you will focus on using the following skills:
- Core software engineering using Java, possibly using a scripting language. Design patterns as well as foundation principles such as SOLID and DRY.
- A good understanding, and preferably experience with, cloud-based and could-native architectures, development and tooling – most typically AWS.
- Gathering information regarding a particular problem, prioritising workloads, driving features or bug fixes through to production and analysing problems in order to find solutions for them.
- Being involved in agile software product development that delivers robust, well-tested, quality software components.
- Development and maintenance of CI/CD flow, tooling, builds and processes based on the use of Jenkins, Nexus, GitLab, Maven and SonarQube.
- Support and contribute to a team ethos based on openness, inclusion and thoughtfulness.
- At least rudimentary Linux OS administration skills.
- Representing CDG to its clients.
We hire based more on ability and determination than experience. Don’t feel that 20 years of experience or formal qualifications are a pre-requisite for this role. However, consulting experience or desire to learn is essential.
We have a customer base that requires daily interaction using both written and spoken English; both of these are key to this role. Also required is the ability to write technical documentation to support the work that you undertake. Furthermore, you must be able to share your knowledge with the rest of the team. The ability to mentor is a bonus.
Other Useful Technologies
As well as core cloud-based technologies, we use the Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, SSH, Jira, Hibernate, Mockito and Junit amongst a whole host of other technologies for most of our client projects.
We have a home for dinner policy. We value a sensible work-life balance which means that once you are established in the team, it’s likely that you can work from home for at least one or two days per week. We offer flexible working arrangements with a mix of visits expected to a customer site and CDG HQ (Sunningdale) coupled with WFH. The more you can attend a customer site and CDG HQ the better. However, tell us what’s sustainable for you in the long-term.
Who are you?
We would love to see your online footprint, feel free to send us links for your Github, GitLab, Bitbucket, LinkedIn, StackOverflow or DZone profile.