- Privacy Statement
- Collection and use of information
- We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage to help us develop the website and our services and we may provide such information to third parties. We reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, or to protect ourselves or our users.
- Security of information
- You should be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose, as the Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Firewalls, intrusion detection, restricted access over secure channels and 24 hours a day monitoring are just some of the measures used to ensure the security of the site.
- Contact Details
- What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to provide the most relevant website experience. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your profile when you visit and help us to provide you with a better user experience. A list of the main cookies that CDG sets (and what each is used for) together with ways to minimise the number of cookies you receive:
Names: utma / _utmb / _utmc / _utmz
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. More info: Google Privacy Overview
Purpose: A unique identifier used by our web server which tracks your individual visitor session. Used for remembering what products you have added to your shopping cart, and whether you are logged in.
Purpose: Disables the cookie notice at the top of the page after the Accept and Continue button has been clicked. This preference will persist for one year or until you clear the cookie manually.
- How to Manage your Cookies
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit All About Cookies.
To control or delete cookies on your mobile phone, please refer to your handset manufacturer’s help manual. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt-Out.
- Terms and Conditions of Use
- The contents of this website are copyright Computing Distribution Group Ltd. The copyright in some individual items (e.g. some photographs) belongs to other parties who have licensed CDG to use them. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the permissions set out in these terms and conditions of use.
- Licence to copy for personal use
- You may print or download to a hard disk extracts from these pages (“the material”) for the sole purpose of viewing the information contained in the website. None of the information contained in these pages may be copied or distributed for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
- Licence to re-copy for limited purposes
- You may re-copy or transfer the material to third parties to enable them to view the information contained in the website, provided that you comply with all of the following provisions: You acknowledge CDG as the source of the material; and you include both the copyright notice “©CDG” and the website address http://www.groupcdg.com on each page printed or downloaded from the website; provided that no alteration or modification is made to the material; and you inform the individual third party that these terms and conditions of use apply to them and that they must comply with them. This licence to re-copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work, publication or website whether in hard copy, electronic or other format.
- CDG does not accept responsibility for any virus contracted as a result of visiting this or any other website and disclaims all and any liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or claims suffered or incurred by any person as a consequence of the presence of any virus or similar item on this or any other website.
- Trade marks
- All logos, product names, trademarks or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Limitations of Liability
- These pages contain general information only about the services provided by CDG. Although CDG has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, it gives no warranty and makes no representation regarding such accuracy. CDG accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the information contained on this website or any action taken as a result of such information and disclaims all liability in respect of such information.
- Links to and from Third Party Websites
- CDG accepts no responsibility and disclaims all liability in respect of websites, and the information contained therein, maintained by any third party whether or not mentioned or accessible from these pages.
- Any claim or dispute relating to the use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.